The HPA Awards are considered the standard-bearer for excellence and innovation in an industry embracing an expanding array of groundbreaking technologies and creativity. Bestowed at a gala celebration each November, the Awards honor creative achievement, outstanding artistry, lifetime achievement, and engineering excellence.
2018 Awards Schedule
- Sept. 6, 2017 – Sept. 4, 2018 Period of Eligibility for Entries
- April 17, 2018 – May 25, 2018 Submission Period – Engineering Excellence
- May 16, 2018 – July 13, 2018 Submission Period – Creative Categories
- June 11, 2018 Early Bird Entry Deadline
- July 13, 2018 Intent to Enter Petition for Deadline
- June 16, 2018 Engineering Excellence Judging Day
- August, 2018 Creative Judging Panels
- July, 2018 Awards Gala Tickets Orders Open
- August, 2018 Engineering Winners Announced
- September, 2018 Nominations Announced
- November 15, 2018 Awards Gala Event
Creative Categories include Color Grading, Editing, Sound and Visual Effects in Film, Television and Commercials. Special Awards may also be presented, including Engineering Excellence, the HPA Judges Award for Creativity & Innovation, Charles S. Swartz Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
About the Trophy
The HPA Award symbolizes freedom of expression, mastery of an artist’s craft, and groundbreaking creative and technological achievement. The award trophy, designed by the superlative design team at Autodesk, physically embodies these qualities, portraying the limitless possibilities of imagination, collaboration and technical ingenuity that break out of constraints to realize today’s most challenging visions.
November 15, 2018
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90049
7:00 pm Check-in and pre-show
8:00 pm Awards show