AJA HDR Image Analyzer Streamlines HDR monitoring and analysis with New 1RU Device Featuring Colorfront Technology
AJA Video Systems is accepting orders for its new HDR Image Analyzer, an HDR monitoring and analysis appliance powered by Colorfront-developed software. HDR Image Analyzer supports the monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content for broadcast and OTT entertainment across production, post-production, quality control (QC) and mastering.
HDR Image Analyzer fuses AJA’s proven audio and video I/O technology with Colorfront’s powerful image analysis software. The sleek 1RU device delivers a comprehensive toolset for monitoring and analzying HDR standards including Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and PQ (Perceptual Quantizer) for 4K/UltraHD workflows. HDR Image Analyzer is the second technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the integration of Colorfront Engine™ into AJA’s FS-HDR real-time HDR/WCG converter.
Feature highlights include:
• Support for display referred SDR (Rec.709), HDR ST2084/PQ and HLG analysis
• Support for scene referred ARRI®, Canon®, Panasonic®, RED® and Sony® camera color spaces
• Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
• Automatic color space conversion based on the award winning Colorfront Engine
• CIE graph, vectorscope, waveform and histogram support
• Nit levels and phase metering
• False color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
• Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
• Data analyzer with pixel picker
• Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
• File base error logging with timecode
• Reference still store
• UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
• Up to 4K/UltraHD 60p over 4x 3G-SDI inputs
• SDI auto signal detection
• Loop through output to broadcast monitors
• Three-year warranty
“Production professionals are embracing 4K HDR and WCG at a breakneck pace to bring audiences more compelling viewing experiences, making quality control a central focus. We’re excited to bring them HDR Image Analyzer, which will improve quality control with a cost-efficient and proven Colorfront toolset for monitoring and analyzing HDR productions, all in real time.” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
“HDR Image Analyzer marks our second collaboration with AJA in the last year, and we’re thrilled to reteam with AJA to bring HDR Image Analyzer to the wider global market,” said Aron Jaszberenyi, managing director of Colorfront. “Our technology partnership addresses a key concern among productions today, of critical 4K/UltraHD HDR quality control, and this new product is aimed squarely at high-end UHD productions mastering and delivering HDR content to broadcasters and OTTs.”