By registering for this HPA Event (the “Event”), each person that attends (“Attendee” or “you” or with “your”) agrees to the following terms and policies with and by the Hollywood Professional Association (HPA).
TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE, PLEASE:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- Agree to and abide by all HPA terms and policies for the Event;
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Use any Event materials or information (including Event exhibitor information) (“HPA Materials”) or Event communication tools or network resources (“Event Solution”) as directed, for personal use, and only to attend or participate in the Event;
- Assume all responsibility for personal expenses or dealings (or agreements) with third parties or persons with whom you may connect or interact;
- Acknowledge and agree that the Event, Event Solution, and HPA Materials, unless otherwise indicated, are owned and provided by HPA, and that HPA reserves all right not expressly granted;
- Do not use any names or trademarks of HPA without express prior permission; and
- Do not use audio or video devices to record the Event;
TO ACCESS THE EVENT, PLEASE:
- See https://hpaonline.com for more information regarding the Event;
- Register for the Event (as directed by HPA at https://hpaonline.com) and provide accurate and complete information;
- Obtain your badge (and other access credentials) onsite at the Event with a valid Photo ID;
- Maintain possession (or control) of your badge (or access credentials) for the Event;
- Understand that any (available) Attendee registration discount(s) is valid only for new (not existing) registration (and not for speaker(s), session chair(s), program committee(s), or exhibitor registration(s)), remains limited to a single registered
- person, and applies to Event registration packages only (and not to additional special event pricing or ticketing); and
- Review https://hpaonline.com to understand the applicable cancellation, refund, and transfer policy(ies) for the Event;
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR THE EVENT, YOU:
- Acknowledge and agree that you are not permitted to secure hospitality suites or other private event space at the Event venue without prior authorization from HPA. Any co-located event during the duration of the Event must be approved by HPA and cannot conflict with any conference-related activity or event. Unapproved third-party events may result in loss of conference admittance without compensation as well as penalties. The use of the HPA name or logo to promote an unapproved third-party event is strictly prohibited.
- Agree not to assign or transfer your right to attend the Event without prior HPA consent;
- Understand that HPA reserves the right to cancel the Event or any related program (see https://hpaonline.com for cancellation/refund);
- Understand that HPA reserves the right to refuse entry or require removal from the Event for violation of any Event-related term(s) or policy(ies);
- Assume all risk of personal injury or personal property loss or damage (to any item(s) you possess) while attending;
- Agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless HPA, the venue and their Event partners, respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, contractors, volunteer staff, successors, and assigns from any and all liability that may arise directly or indirectly, now or in the future, by reason of any injury, damage, loss, or expense incurred by you or your property (in your possession or control) while attending the Event;
- Authorize HPA and its contractors, representatives, agents, licensees, or partners to film, photograph, record, or otherwise document in any medium (“Recording(s)”) your participation in the Event, and understand that HPA will own or hold rights to any such Recordings;
- Acknowledge further that HPA is the sole owner of the rights to stream or make all Recordings at and of the Event;
- Acknowledge that registered news media must be further approved by HPA and must further review and agree to the HPA News Media Audio / Video Policy (currently available at https://hpaonline.com);
- Understand that the HPA Materials and Event Solution (defined above) are provided and the Event is operated on an “As-Is” basis without warranty of any kind;
- Understand that HPA shall not be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected to participation in the Event or the use of the HPA Materials or Event Solution by you or anyone else, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, and even if HPA has been advised of the possibility of such damages;
- Accept that the Event terms and policies will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of California and any other laws applicable to the location of the Event;
- Understand that no failure or delay by HPA to exercise any right will operate as a waiver thereof; and
- Understand that if any of the Event terms and policies are held to be contrary to applicable law, such term(s) or policy(ies) shall be changed or interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original wording to the fullest extent of the law.
BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AT REGISTRATION, YOU HEREBY:
- Agree to abide by and adhere to all Event terms and policies;
- Consent to receiving information from HPA regarding the Event and its related activities; and
- Consent to HPA using any Recording for any lawful purposes and including, without limitation, advertising, promoting, or publicizing HPA, the Event (or its related activities) and/or any other services, events, solutions, or programs of HPA.
You acknowledge that you have voluntarily decided to engage in/attend the Event and by attending the Event and in consideration of being allowed to be on premises (the “Venue”) you hereby, agree as follows:
- You are aware that the novel coronavirus (as defined by the World Health Organization) and any related strains, variants, and mutations thereof and other similar infectious diseases (“COVID-19”) is an extremely contagious virus and that it is currently believed that COVID-19 spreads through person-to-person contact.
- You are familiar with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19, which are located at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html and https://www.coronavirus.gov You acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day-to-day, and that the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated. You accept full responsibility for familiarizing yourself with the most recent updates and making informed choices to take precautionary measures to protect yourself and others. In addition to the CDC guidelines, you agree to abide by any and all policies or postings published to the general public at the Venue.
- You acknowledge that you are aware of the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Event, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others. You further understand that the risk of a COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of Hollywood Professional Association, Inc. (“HPA”), its affiliates, sponsors, partners, and/or the owner of the Venue (collectively, the “HPA Parties”).
- You agree that, in the event that you suspect you became exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Venue and you elect to seek testing and/or treatment as a result therefrom, you will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services and testing services.
- You voluntarily, choose to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, permanent disability, or death related to COVID-19 arising from or in connection with your presence at the Venue. You hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge and agree to indemnify, defend, save, and hold HPA Parties and the Venue their employees, agents, directors, officers and representatives and other participants harmless from, and waive on behalf of yourself, your heirs and successors, any and all causes of action, claims, demands, judgments, damage, all liabilities (statutory or otherwise), costs, interest, expenses (including attorney’s fees and disbursements) and compensation or loss for injury, illness, permanent disability, or death related to COVID-19 arising from or in connection with your presence at the Event or the Venue, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any activities with, or at the Event and/or the Venue specifically including any such COVID-19 claims that arise from or in connection with any of the HPA Parties’ actions and/or ordinary negligence but specifically excluding any such COVID-19 claims that (and to the extent that such COVID-19 claims) arise from or in connection with the HPA Parties gross negligence or willful misconduct. You understand that this release discharges HPA Parties from any liability or claim that you may have against HPA Parties with respect to any bodily injury, illness, or death that may arise from or in connection with the activities. This liability waiver and release extends to the HPA Parties together with all its board of directors, all parent or member entities and their board of directors, all affiliated entities and their board of directors, and employees. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you (a) covenant and agree not to elect a trial by jury with respect to any issue arising out of this release that is triable of right by a jury, and (b) waive any right to trial by jury with respect to such issue to the extent that any such right exists now or in the future. This waiver of right to trial by jury is given knowingly and voluntarily.
- If at any point during the event, an attendee tests positive for COVID-19, they may be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave the property.
Code of Ethics for HPA Events
HPA events are a premier gathering of professionals, creatives and executives from the Media and Entertainment industry, designed to foster networking, innovation, and professional development in a respectful, inclusive, and professional environment. This Code of Ethics outlines the standards of behavior expected from all attendees, speakers, sponsors, staff, and volunteers participating in these events, which include various sessions, social events, and activities provided during the events.
- Professionalism and Respect: All participants are expected to conduct themselves professionally and respectfully at all times, fostering a positive and inclusive environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to creating an environment that is respectful and welcoming to everyone, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or background.
- Harassment-Free Environment: Harassment in any form, including but not limited to verbal, physical, or sexual harassment, will not be tolerated. This applies to interactions at all event venues, including online platforms, social events, and activities.
- Privacy and Confidentiality: Respect the privacy and personal boundaries of others. Do not share sensitive information about other participants without their explicit consent.
- Compliance with Laws and Policies: Participants must comply with all local laws, hotel policies, and rules set forth by the event organizers.
- Engage in respectful communication and interactions.
- Be considerate of the community and the event setting.
- Support a safe and harassment-free environment for everyone.
- Report any incidents of misconduct to event staff immediately.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, staff, service provider, or other event guests.
- Disruptive or disrespectful behavior during sessions or at social events.
- Unauthorized solicitation or distribution of materials.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in behavior that violates this Code of Ethics, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, expelling them from the event without a refund, and banning them from future events.
Reporting an Incident
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify an event organizer as soon as possible. All reports will be treated with discretion and confidentiality.
HPA events are dedicated to providing a professional, friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all participants. We expect everyone to adhere to these ethical guidelines throughout these events. Thank you for your cooperation in making this event a respectful and enriching experience for everyone involved.