The Hollywood Professional Association
The HPA is a non-profit member association dedicated to recognizing, educating, and connecting businesses with a diverse community who provide creative and technical expertise, support, tools and infrastructure for professional content creation, distribution and archive in the media and entertainment industry.
Through our three pillars of activities — Community, Knowledge Exchange, and Recognition — the Hollywood Professional Association (HPA) advances the arts, science and business of the media and entertainment industry.
The Mission of the HPA is to:
- Provide opportunities to discuss, acquire and share knowledge relevant to the professional media content industry ecosystem through educational and networking events, user groups, and connected digital collaboration.
- Raise awareness of, and celebrate, industry achievements and advancements.
- Offer industry education, mentoring and career path support to our members and those seeking careers in the professional creative content and distribution industry.
- Foster diversity, equity and inclusiveness through education, mentoring, and active outreach in order to enable the creation of an industry representative of our audiences.
- Represent the interests of our members through participation in relevant forums, organizations and venues.
- Organize forums for information and issues related to the establishment of industry standards, especially in service to our partnership with the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers.
- Companies in the post production, digital FX or content creation service business.
- Individuals who are employed by post production service businesses and other individuals who work as professionals in administrative, technical and creative post production positions.
- Broadcasters, Studios and Production Companies and their employees who work as professionals in administrative, technical and creative post production positions.
- Manufacturers and providers of technology hardware and software to the professional post production industry.
- Businesses who provide services and support to the post production industry and allied organizations.
Our Core Issues are:
- The impact of significant technology changes on our business and our industry.
- The changing economic climate and its influence on our businesses.
- The requirement that our industry be informed and skilled.
- The need for our industry to share knowledge within the entire post production community.