MTI Film Introduced DRS™NOVA v4 at NAB
Latest version of digital restoration software includes tools for frame replacement, stabilization, paint and more.
MTI Film introduced the latest version of its industry-standard digital restoration software DRS™NOVA at NAB 2018. Employed by restoration specialists and post-production facilities worldwide, DRS™NOVA includes a suite of automated and manual tools for addressing problems common to new and archival film content, ranging from dust and dirt to catastrophic tears and warps.
DRS™NOVA v4 offers many new features including Auto Stabilization, Zonal Deflicker, Paint Restore, Split Screen and Side by Side viewing, improved Mask functionality, version export, and more.
New tools include:
- DRS™ Replace: Create up to three frames from adjoining frames.
- DRS™ Color: Change the color of fixes created in DRS™ Tool.
- Auto Stabilization: Stabilize a range of images with a single click.
- Improved Performance: Faster playback of DPX, TIFF and EXR files.
- Paint Restore: Paint from one clip to another to restore original values.
- Zonal De-flicker: Eliminate zonal flicker via a simple interface.
- Split Screen/Side by Side View: Compare clips in split screen or side by side view.
- Version Export: Export modified files with original frames to preserve source material.
- Improved Mask: New visual feedback for border width.
Standard features of DRS™NOVA include MTI Film’s proprietary digital film restoration algorithm, powerful project management and tools for automatically fixing printer mis-lights, dust and debris, stabilization problems, grain and noise, blurring, and color mis-registration.
“MTI Film has been the leader is restoration software for 20 years,” said MTI Film Senior Vice President/Business Development Jim Hannafin. “Our engineering team is continually working to improve DRS™NOVA based on the experiences and suggestions of users in the field. Version 4 represents another step forward in terms of ease of use, utility and excellence. We look forward to sharing it with new and returning customers are NAB.”