MTI Film Introduces Improved Cortex and DRS™NOVA v4 at IBC 2018
MTI Film demonstrated the latest versions of Cortex Enterprise, its multifaceted toolset for post production, and DRS™NOVA, the industry-leading digital film restoration software, at IBC 2018, September 14 – 18 in Amsterdam. Additionally, Cortex Enterprise support for Dolby Vision™ was featured at the Dolby Laboratories stand. At the AMD stand, Cortex was shown running on Threadripper 2, AMD’s latest CPU technology.
Cortex v5.0.2 includes several new and enhanced features to support the latest workflows and delivery mediums, and helps projects proceed seamlessly from the set to the screen.
Key improvements are:
Dolby Vision™ HDMI Tunneling. Playout media directly from Cortex, using HDR media and Dolby Vision metadata, to consumer monitors that support Dolby Vision.
Simultaneous Dolby Vision Level 1 Analysis and Shot Detection. For projects mastered in HDR10, Cortex provides the ability to simultaneously perform shot detection and process Dolby Vision analysis in faster than real-time. The result is a Dolby Vision master that can be rendered to IMF or employed as an SDR source using the content mapping generated through the analysis. It also provides the ability to edit metadata tracks to sync or resync to corresponding media.
Dual Video Outputs (SDR/HDR). Provides an integrated software CMU in place of expensive CMU hardware.
DPP® Packaging. Cortex Enterprise now includes DPP IMF packaging including OPL and additional sidecar file support. DPP, Digital Production Partnership, is the favored European format for delivery of HD and UHD IMF packages principally employing ProRes as the media of choice.
AS-11 X1. Cortex Enterprise endeavors to support all aspects of the AS-11 family of vendor and broadcaster neutral packages, eliminating interoperability issues.
The recently introduced DRS Nova v4 includes GPU acceleration for improved performance across all features.
Other tools new in v4 include:
- DRS™ Replace: Create up to three frames from adjoining frames.
- DRS™ Color: Change the color of fixes created in DRS™ Tool.
- Auto Stabilization: Stabilize a range of images with a single click.
- Improved Performance: Faster playback of DPX, TIFF and EXR files.
- Paint Restore: Paint from one clip to another to restore original values.
- Zonal De-flicker: Eliminate zonal flicker via a simple interface.
- Split Screen/Side by Side View: Compare clips in split screen or side by side view.
- Version Export: Export modified files with original frames to preserve source material.
- Improved Mask: New visual feedback for border width.
Standard features of DRS™NOVA include MTI Film’s proprietary digital film restoration algorithm, powerful project management and tools for automatically fixing printer mis-lights, dust and debris, stabilization problems, grain and noise, blurring, and color mis-registration.