Teradici Announces Collaboration with Avid to Enable High Performance, Secure Remote Video Editing
Teradici recently announced a collaboration with Avid to offer a remote video editing solution for professional editors, movie makers, and multimedia journalists. The new joint solution combines the Teradici PCoIP-powered Cloud Access Software and Avid Media Composer | Cloud VM® to enable these creative professionals the ability to securely access and edit video content remotely from their private data center or from the public cloud with low latency and full color accuracy.
“With our PCoIP-powered Cloud Access Software available with Media Composer, the loyal Avid user base now has the ability to utilize virtualized infrastructure to full potential during the creation process,” said David Smith, CEO of Teradici. “We are committed to empowering more film and editorial professionals by offering our leading remote visualization technology through valued partners. This new solution enables creative professionals to run their workflows in virtualized infrastructure enabling effective content creation, collaboration and delivery without the security risks, inefficiencies and compliance challenges of locally managed assets.”
Under the collaboration:
- Avid and Teradici will jointly offer an ultra-secure, high performance solution in which Cloud Access Software enables remote access to remote Avid video editing software, Media Composer | Cloud VM, from any virtualized infrastructure
- Avid will join the Teradici partner ecosystem to directly offer Teradici Cloud Access and Cloud Access Plus subscriptions to Avid Media Composer | Cloud VM customers
- Media Composer | Cloud VM users will now benefit from the flexibility to access and manage their latest editing projects and workloads from any location
“Top editors in the film, television, and broadcast industry rely on Media Composer to help them deliver compelling content regardless of where they are. Avid is continuously expanding Media Composer’s features and offerings to enable editing to happen from anywhere,” says Raymond Thompson, Director Broadcast and Media Solutions at Avid. “Partnering with Teradici to include Cloud Access Software in our offering will enable Media Composer customers using specialized technology to work remotely and securely using Teradici high-performance PCoIP technology.”
Teradici technology enables several capabilities important to Avid users in VFX, broadcast, and advertising industries, including:
- Flexibility to transition from CapEx to OpEx models
- Rapid onboarding of contractors and ability to quickly respond to fluctuating staffing demands
- Adherence to CDSA and MPAA studio best practices for content security and a path to Trusted Partner Network (TPN) certification
- Centralized collaborative workflows accessible from anywhere
- Improved user experience in terms of interactivity, color accuracy, and video quality
Avid users can now purchase using specialized technology Teradici Cloud Access and Cloud Access Plus subscription plans available through Avid and Avid resellers.
For more information about Teradici, Cloud Access Software and Cloud Access Manager for Avid Media Composer, visit: https://www.teradici.com/products/cloud-access/cloud-access-software