Since 2006, the HPA Awards have been the standard bearer for excellence and innovation in an industry embracing an expanding array of groundbreaking technologies and creativity. Bestowed in a gala celebration each November, the Awards honor creative achievement, outstanding artistry, lifetime achievement, and engineering excellence.
Details of this year’s HPA Awards event – a hybrid event in mid November – are being finalized.
2021 Awards Schedule
- Sept. 10, 2020 – Sept. 7, 2021 Period of Eligibility for Entries
- May 5, 2021 – Jun. 18, 2021 Submission Period – Engineering Excellence
- Jun. 2, 2021 – Jul. 20, 2021 Submission Period – Creative Categories
- July 18, 2021 Intent to Enter Petition for Deadline
- July, 2021 Engineering Excellence Judging
- August, 2021 Creative Judging Panels
- Oct., 2021 Nominations Announced
- November 2021 Awards Gala
Creative Categories include Color Grading, Editing, Sound and Visual Effects in Film, Television and Commercials. Special Awards may also be presented, including Engineering Excellence, the HPA Judges Award for Creativity & Innovation, Charles S. Swartz Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
About the Trophy
The HPA Award symbolizes freedom of expression, mastery of an artist’s craft, and groundbreaking creative and technological achievement. The award trophy, designed by the superlative design team at Autodesk, physically embodies these qualities, portraying the limitless possibilities of imagination, collaboration and technical ingenuity that break out of constraints to realize today’s most challenging visions.