Since 2006, the HPA Awards have been the standard bearer for excellence and innovation in an industry embracing an expanding array of groundbreaking technologies and creativity. Bestowed in a gala celebration each November, the Awards honor creative achievement, outstanding artistry, lifetime achievement, and engineering excellence.
2022 Awards Schedule
- September 8, 2021 – September 6, 2022 Period of Eligibility for Entries
- April 13 – July 1, 2022 Submission Period – Engineering Excellence
- June 1 – July 29, 2022 Submission Period – Creative Categories
- July 17, 2022 Petition Deadline
- July, 2022 Engineering Excellence Judging
- August, 2022 Creative Judging Panels
- October, 2022 Nominations Announced
- November 17, 2022 Awards Gala
Creative Categories include Color Grading, Editing, Sound and Visual Effects in Film, Television, Documentary/Nonfiction and Commercials. Special Awards may also be presented, including Engineering Excellence, Outstanding Achievement in Restoration, the HPA Judges Award for Creativity & Innovation, Charles S. Swartz Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
November 17, 2022
Hollywood Legion Theater
2035 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068