Young Entertainment Professionals Class of 2024 Application
YEP 2024 seeks passionate and driven applicants at the start of their media and entertainment journey open to mentorship and to developing lasting relationships with industry leaders and professionals. A limited number of candidates will be selected for the program beginning in January 2024.
To be considered for the YEP 2024 Class, please fill out the application form and provide one recommendation from an employer or professional project supervisor if an independent. YEPs will be selected from a pool of all qualified applications by a jury of the HPA Women in Post, YEP and Mentorship Committees.
The deadline for applying is extended to October 23, 2023. Finalist candidates will be contacted on or around November 21st to set-up a brief virtual interview. You will be notified in early December if you have been selected as a YEP.
The Young Entertainment Professionals (YEP) program nurtures the development of talented individuals at the start of their media and entertainment journey with mentoring and education, introductions to industry leaders, invitations to events, and access to resources that will further their careers. Through active participation in HPA, YEPs gain lifetime access to a community of peers and other professionals to help set the course of their careers in this industry.
YEPs have frequent opportunities to take center stage. YEPs have been seated on panels at the HPA Tech Retreat, produced a webinar series, and contributed columns to the HPA NewsLine e-newsletter. Throughout the year, we strive to open a space for each YEP in the HPA to a lifetime of professional community, networking and friendship. YEP Program participants will have access to a rich variety of in-person and virtual events throughout the year.
Incubated in 2015 by the Women in Post committee, YEP advances the organization’s goal of cultivating and encouraging the next generation of worthy entertainment professionals to follow a career in the media content industry whether creative, technical or project management/administrative.
Now in its 8th year, we have expanded the YEP program to provide even more immersion into HPA’s offerings and the M&E industry. The program will include two distinct sections. Section 1 will run for 6 months (January through June) beginning with the YEP orientation day. Attendance at the virtual YEP Orientation Program is mandatory and will be followed by opportunities to attend a variety of in-person and virtual events throughout 2024. The first opportunity to attend an in-person event will be the celebrated HPA Tech Retreat February 20-23, 2024 (more details to come). In addition, YEPs will receive an invitation to all virtual events and a complimentary pass to all in-person events that HPA hosts in 2024. YEPS will be expected to attend a minimum of 4 events (virtual and/or in-person) during their program year.
Section 2 of the YEP program will begin in June. Based on each individual’s participation and overall commitment to the program, the YEP class will be evaluated by the Mentorship committee for custom pairing with an Industry leader from late June to December, in addition to receiving free access to YEP and other HPA Community events. At the end of the mentorship section, YEPs will be evaluated by the Mentorship committee for eligibility to receive the Certificate of Completion.
During the Young Entertainment Professionals program, each YEP will receive access to the following:
- YEP virtual Orientation Program – January 2024
- Annual Membership in HPA
- Entrance to the HPA Awards – November 2024
- YEP Roundtable mentor Event
- HPA Tech Retreat Conference Pass – February 18 – 22, 2024 (more details to follow)
- Periodic in-person or virtual YEP events (to include coffee meet-ups, vendor tours, virtual office hours, online mentor Q&A sessions)
- Access to HPA’s virtual event series and members only content library
- Free admission throughout the year to HPA Networking Education Technology (NET), Women in Post (WIP), and YEP live and virtual events
- Digital Certificate of Completion (based on Mentorship Committee Review)
Life after your YEP Year, what to expect:
- YEP pricing for HPA membership
- Sustained professional relationship with mentors and YEP classmates
- Opportunity to stay involved with HPA by sitting on committees and working on future HPA programming
HPA YEP Class of 2024 Application Directions:
GENERAL CRITERIA for consideration for the HPA YEP Program and Mentor Pairing
- Currently working in the media & entertainment industry in a creative, technical or project management/administrative role
- Recommendation from employer or professional media project supervisor
- MUST attend the YEP Orientation Program, date(s) TBD and a minimum of one of the following events (admission included):
- HPA Awards 2024
- YEP Roundtable event in Los Angeles (date TBD)
- One day at the 2024 HPA Tech Retreat (date TBD) (more details to follow)
- In addition, YEPs must attend at least 3 other in-person or virtual events during the year to include any mix of the below:
- Any YEP Virtual Event (Virtual Office Hours, Meet-up, Mentor Q&A etc.)
- Any YEP in-person meet-ups, field trips
- Any NET, WiP or IMF User Group virtual or in-person events
- If you are in final consideration for a spot in the YEP program, you will be contacted for a short interview.
Before you begin the application form, please have the following documents or details ready:
- Your resume for upload
- Prepare to write a short 250 word or less essay on why you should be considered for the YEP program
- Provide 1 – 3 key accomplishments at a company or on professional project(s)
- Any additional supporting materials (video reels/portfolios/past works that can include a link to a webpage or a document to upload)
- Your reference contact information
- Letter of reference to upload – 500 words or less on why the nominee should be considered for the YEP mentoring program and on the key accomplishments of the nominee at your company or on your professional media project(s).
Once ready, please complete the online form and follow directions to upload documents.
If you are having technical difficulties, you can also email information to HPA.
Application Deadline Extended: October 23, 2023.