The HPA Awards are considered the standard-bearer for excellence and innovation in an industry embracing an expanding array of groundbreaking technologies and creativity. Bestowed at a gala celebration each November, the Awards honor creative achievement, outstanding artistry, lifetime achievement, and engineering excellence.
2019 Awards Schedule
- Sept. 5, 2018 – Sept. 3, 2019 Period of Eligibility for Entries
- April 15, 2019 – May 31, 2019 Submission Period – Engineering Excellence
- May 13, 2019 – July 12, 2019 Submission Period – Creative Categories
- June 10, 2019 Early Bird Entry Deadline
- July 10, 2019 Intent to Enter Petition for Deadline
- June 22, 2019 Engineering Excellence Judging Day
- July 11, 2019 Engineering Winners Announced
- August, 2019 Awards Gala Tickets Orders Open
- August, 2019 Creative Judging Panels
- September, 2019 Nominations Announced
- November 21, 2019 Awards Gala Event
Creative Categories include Color Grading, Editing, Sound and Visual Effects in Film, Television and Commercials. Special Awards may also be presented, including Engineering Excellence, the HPA Judges Award for Creativity & Innovation, Charles S. Swartz Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
About the Trophy
The HPA Award symbolizes freedom of expression, mastery of an artist’s craft, and groundbreaking creative and technological achievement. The award trophy, designed by the superlative design team at Autodesk, physically embodies these qualities, portraying the limitless possibilities of imagination, collaboration and technical ingenuity that break out of constraints to realize today’s most challenging visions.
November 21, 2019
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90049
7:00 pm Check-in and pre-show
8:00 pm Awards show