Since 2006, the HPA Awards have been the standard bearer for excellence and innovation in an industry embracing an expanding array of groundbreaking technologies and creativity. Bestowed in a gala celebration each November, the Awards honor creative achievement, outstanding artistry, lifetime achievement, and engineering excellence.
The November 18 Awards gala tickets are on sale now. Click here to purchase.
HPA is committed to your health, safety, and comfort while attending the HPA Awards. In accordance with industry and state guidelines, all attendees and participants will be required to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination to attend. After purchasing your ticket, you will have the opportunity to upload your proof of vaccination into our secure system and complete pre-screening for entrance into the awards show. If you choose not to upload your proof of vaccination in advance, please bring proof of vaccination with you to the show, it will be checked before you enter the show.
We are taking the following extra precautions to keep our guests safe:
- We ask that guests wear face masks while in the Theater.
- We suggest guests wear masks at the pre-show reception and post show dessert party, when they are not eating or drinking.
- The Legion Theater’s ventilation system is designed to bring in 100% outside air, ensuring no air is recirculated.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
2021 Awards Schedule
- Sept. 10, 2020 – Sept. 7, 2021 Period of Eligibility for Entries
- May 5, 2021 – Jun. 24, 2021 Submission Period – Engineering Excellence
- Jun. 11, 2021 – Jul. 30, 2021 Submission Period – Creative Categories
- July 18, 2021 Intent to Enter Petition for Deadline
- July, 2021 Engineering Excellence Judging
- August, 2021 Creative Judging Panels
- Oct., 2021 Nominations Announced
- November 18, 2021 Awards Gala
Creative Categories include Color Grading, Editing, Sound and Visual Effects in Film, Television and Commercials. Special Awards may also be presented, including Engineering Excellence, the HPA Judges Award for Creativity & Innovation, Charles S. Swartz Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
About the Trophy
The HPA Award symbolizes freedom of expression, mastery of an artist’s craft, and groundbreaking creative and technological achievement. The award trophy, designed by the superlative design team at Autodesk, physically embodies these qualities, portraying the limitless possibilities of imagination, collaboration and technical ingenuity that break out of constraints to realize today’s most challenging visions.
November 18, 2021
Hollywood Legion Theater
2035 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068